Raspberries combined with our chocolate is one of my favorite, all-time Choclatique flavor thrills. Marry this with a little cream cheese on a crispy, buttery base and you will wind up singing like The Supremes. Okay, that may be a little exaggeration, but you definitely will love the thin layer of tart raspberry jam and the powered sugar crust. The melted chocolate finish is the perfect topping. This is the perfect end-of-meal treat for all occasions—breakfast, lunch and dinner—well at least lunch and dinner.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 15 to 17 minutes
Cooling Time: 2 hours
Yield: 12 bars
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
2 tablespoons Choclatique Natura Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, sifted
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons whole milk
1 cup Choclatique Snowy White Chocolate Chips
2 ounces Choclatique Private Reserve (64%) Chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
For the base:
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the sifted flour, cocoa powder and powered sugar.
- Cut in the butter with a fork and mix well. Press mixture into a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes until lightly brown.
For the filling:
- Spread jam evenly over baked crust.
- In a small bowl beat the cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave and add to mixture. Beat together until smooth.
- Drop the cream cheese mixture by tablespoons evenly over the jam. Using metal off-set specula, evenly spread mixture over base.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before glazing and serving.
For the Glaze Topping:
- Melt the dark chocolate with butter over low heat (or in a microwave oven), stirring constantly.
- Spread over the white chocolate-cream cheese bar layer.
- Cool completely. Cut into 12 bars and store in the refrigerator.