Author of Ed Engoron’s Choclatique, Running Press, 2011
It’s not quite a truffle ganache or a fluffy mouse filling… it’s a Fluffle. You can make this rich Choclatique Private Reserve Chocolate Fluffle Pie a day ahead—no baking required.
With only seven ingredients you can create a masterpiece of chocolate goodness. It is a blend of whipped cream, sour cream, sugar and pure vanilla extract (or vanilla beans if you like) all blended to form a beautiful ganache1. The ganache is then further blessed with freshly-whipped whipped cream and placed into a dark chocolate cookie crust. All that’s left for you to do is chill, serve, and take the compliments. This pie could even get you a great Yelp review.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Refrigerated Time: 8 hours (or overnight is even better)
Yield: 8 Servings
12 ounces Choclatique Private Reserve Dark Chocolate, Chopped
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons cold strong coffee
1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust (your recipe or store-bought is okay)
- In microwave dish combine the chocolate and 3/4 cup of the cream. Cook on medium power level for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Stir in the sugar and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In small bowl, beat the rest of the cream until soft peaks are formed. Add the sour cream and coffee: continue to beat until medium peaks appear.
- Beat in chocolate and cream mixture on high speed about a quarter at a time until there are no white streaks.
- When the mixture is combined and light and fluffy gently spoon into crust being careful not to deflate the filling.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
- Top with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream and serve.
1If you love this recipe that uses a ganache base, then you will love all the recipes in my ganache-based book, Choclatique, Running Press.