Author of Choclatique—150 Simply 150 Elegant Desserts, Running Press
We’re going nuts around here. It’s certifiable! You can join the rest of our wacky group as you go crazy over our sweet, crunchy, salty and well, just crazy delicious Cocoa-Cinnamon Pecans. This is one of those snacks that you can’t stop eating until you burst.
Prep time: 12 minutes
Bake time: 1 hour
Yield: 1-1/4 pounds
1 cup granulate sugar
1 tablespoon Choclatique Natura Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, sifted
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat an oven to 250°F.
- Mix the sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg white and water together in a separate bowl until very frothy but not firm.
- Put the pecans in the egg white mixture.
- Mix the sugar and spice mixture into pecan and egg white mixture until pecans are evenly coated.
- Spread the coated pecans onto a baking sheet in a single layer without touching each other.
- Bake stirring every 15 minutes, until pecans are evenly browned and about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and separate. They will crisp-up as they cool.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.