Author of Ed Engoron’s Choclatique, Running Press, 2011
Okay, here’s the story and I’m sticking with it. Joan wanted deep, double chocolate, chocolate chop cookies for her birthday. We were not near our test kitchen, but I had a bag of Choclatique Double Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix with me. In just 15 minutes (allowing 30 minutes for cooling) I had the perfect cookie. These cookies are always soft and chewy and they are quick and simple to make. This is one time it’s okay to use my mix.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Cooling Time: 30 to 45 minutes
Yield 2 dozen cookies
1 (24 ounce) package Choclatique Double Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons water
3 large eggs
1 cup Choclatique Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Lightly butter a baking sheet.
- Combine the brownie mix, flour, melted butter, water, eggs and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Do not over mix.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until cookies are just set, 9 to 10 minutes. They’ll still feel soft to the touch.
- Let them cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely about 30 to 45 minutes.
ChefSecret: There’s never enough chocolate for me, but if you must, you can substitute chocolate chips with butterscotch or peanut butter chips, or your favorite candy-coated chocolate pieces like Reese’s Pieces or M&M’s.