Helms Bakery Brownies with Butter Cream Frosting
Makes about 12 brownies
3/4 Cup (1-1/2 Sticks) Margarine, Cut in Chunks
3 Ounces Unsweetened Chocolate
1 1/3 Cups Sugar
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Chopped and Lightly Toasted Walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Melt margarine and chocolate together in medium saucepan. Blend in sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour and nuts.
3. Pour into prepared pan. Bake until it is crispy at the edges and feels fairly firm in the center, about 30-40 minutes. Cool 30 minutes before cutting.
Butter Cream Brownie Frosting
Makes about cup of frosting—enough to frost 12 brownies
3 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
3 Tablespoons Choclatique Red (Rouge) Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
1 Tablespoon Light Corn Syrup or Honey
1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar
1 to 2 Tablespoons Milk
1. Cream butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small mixer bowl.
2. Add confectioner’s sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency.