Ed’s Best “Got Milk?” Brownies
This is a “break glass in case of emergency” brownie recipe for those times when you need a chocolate fix quickly. You’ll easily find all of these ingredients in your home pantry or refrigerator and you’ll never need to buy one of those store-bought mixes again. The best part is that it’s all natural.
Makes about 10 brownies
6 Tablespoons Butter + 1 Tablespoon (For Pan Prep)
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Ganache (see Dark Chocolate Ganache recipe below)
2 Large Eggs, Beaten
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 Cup All-purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Crushed Pecans or Walnuts
1/3 Cup Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Butter the baking pan.
3. Melt the butter and the ganache in a microwave oven or in a bowl over hot water; allow the melted chocolate to cool slightly.
4. Add the eggs then the sugar and the flour. Using a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients together quickly, being careful not to over mix.
5. Add the nuts.
6. Pour the batter into the baking pan, sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup sugar on top, and bake for about 30 minutes. The brownies will be crisp and light brown on the top.
7. Allow the brownies to cool on a wire rack and then cut into squares.
8. Serve warm with White Chocolate Ice Cream or White Chocolate Whipped Cream and Hot Fudge Sauce.