White Chocolate Ganache
Makes about 1 pounds of ganache
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Cooling Time: 2 hours
Chilling Time: 3 to 4 hours
Special Tool Box:
• medium, heavy saucepan (2 quarts or larger)
• plastic sealable storage container
1 cups heavy whipping cream
1/8 cup light corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound white chocolate (at least 33 percent), chopped
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. In a large, heavy saucepan, bring the cream, corn syrup and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk until blended. Remove the pan from the heat.
2. Immediately add the chocolate and the vanilla to the pan and whisk until smooth. Set aside for about 2 hours to cool completely, whisking every 15 minutes or so to keep the ganache emulsified.
3. When cool, transfer the ganache to a rigid plastic or glass container, cover, date, and refrigerate overnight before using.
Note: Only use pure vanilla extract which is true in rich vanilla flavor and does not leave a tinny, artificial aftertaste.