Cranberries are thought to be an indispensable part of our traditional American Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner feasts. For some reason, my mother seems to forget to serve the cranberries during holiday dinners. She used to find it still in the “fridge” when putting away the leftovers. Not wanting to cheat anyone out of their holiday cranberries, I created this recipe using dried cranberries (and chocolate, of course). I think you will find that tart cranberries are the perfect balance for Choclatique’s Snowy White Chocolate Chips.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour
Yield: 36 Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 (3.5 ounce) package Jell-O® Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon fresh orange zest
2 large eggs
1 cup Choclatique Snowy White Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat an oven to 350º F.
- Lightly spray two baking sheets with food release.
- Combine the flour and baking soda in a bowl and whisk.
- Cream the butter, white sugar and brown sugar and with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy and smooth; add the instant pudding mix and continue to beat.
- Beat the first egg into the butter mixture until completely blended, and then beat in the vanilla and the orange zest with the last egg.
- Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. It’s okay to see a little flour.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and cranberries; mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Using a 1 ounce scoop or 2 tablespoons drop the dough 2 inches apart onto the sprayed baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges of the cookies become golden brown—about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
ChefSecret: You can substitute dried cranberries with dried cherries or blueberries, but then it wouldn’t be Thanksgiving, would it? You can also substitute the orange zest with tangerine or lemon zest.