White chocolate and cherries seem to belong together for Valentine’s Day, or is that just me? I love the combination of the red and white colors, not to mention the flavors. I wanted to make a cookie that was different. Yes, chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies are delicious, but sometimes you need a little something else. So I did some experimenting in the kitchen and I came up with these. I hope you enjoy them, we did—they didn’t last long here!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 11 to 12 minutes
Cool Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Yield: 36 Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure almond extract
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose-flour
10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained and finely chopped (I used my blender)
2 cups Choclatique White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Beat the butter, sugars, egg and almond extract until creamy.
- Mix the soda, salt and flour together and add to the wet ingredients (the dough will be thicker than most cookie doughs until you add the cherries).
- Add in the cherries and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet (about 2 tablespoons each leaving enough room to allow the dough to spread when baking).
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, cool for 3-4 minutes on pan and then cool on a rack.