Author of Ed Engoron’s Choclatique, Running Press, 2011
H. B. Reese, a former dairy farmer from Hershey, Pennsylvania, created the original Peanut Butter Cup in 1928. A peanut butter cup is a wonderful confection filled with peanut butter and enrobed in chocolate. At Choclatique, we make our own artisan blend of peanut butter filling for our very special truffles that are creamier and tastier than even the original.
I took the peanut butter cup one step further with our Peanut Butter Cup Cookie. This is a wonderful peanut butter cookie baked in a small muffin tin with a peanut butter cup pressed into a hot, out-of-the-oven cookie before it has time to set. This is a peanut butter cookie fancier’s dream.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Baked Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 35 minutes
Yield: 12 to 15 cookies
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons whole milk
12 Choclatique Milk or Dark Peanut Butter Truffles
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until very fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well. Shape into 12 to 15 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until just turn light brown. Remove from the oven and immediately press a peanut butter cup into the hot center of each cookie.
- Cool on a rack.
- Carefully remove each cookie from the pan.
ChefSecret: There is only one way I know to make a great thing even better. Press in a Choclatique Peanut Butter & Jelly Truffle to add an additional flavor thrill.