Author of Ed Engoron’s Choclatique, Running Press, 2011
While Representative Darrell Issa (R. California) and US Attorney General Eric Holder are arguing over the failed Fast and Furious gun-running fiasco, I have been working on a series of Fast and Frivolous chocolate recipes that will knock your socks off.
Nothing could be sweeter or faster than this. This is the fastest mug in the west and is number one on the Top Ten Most Wanted list. I guarantee that neither the FBI nor the Department of Justice will interfere with your chocolaty dessert mission. It would be a crime not to serve it.
The ChocolateDoctor’s Fast and Frivolous Chocolate Mug Cake
There isn’t a dessert you can make that will be ready faster than this. It’s so easy you can make one every night to order. And, the orders will be coming in.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Serves: 1 to 2 People
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons Choclatique Rouge Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 large egg beaten
3 tablespoons whole milk
3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
3 tablespoons Choclatique Dark Chocolate Chips
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug
- Add the flour, sugar and cocoa into a mug and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and melted butter and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Put the mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high.
- The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed. Allow to cool a little and tip out if desired.
EAT! This can serve two people, but will also serve one if you are an only child and you don’t like to share.